Weekend Getaway at an Awesome Resort - Pretty Real

Weekend Getaway at an Awesome Resort

8:30 AM

Last weekend Joe and I took the kids to meet his parents at Mariott's Oceanwatch Villas at Grande Dunes in Myrtle Beach, SC. They'd booked a vacation there and since it's only a few hours away it was the perfect opportunity to cure a little bit of homesickness. I'm not sure what I expected but it certainly exceeded my expectations.  It  really was the perfect place to take the kiddos. Oh and I should say that though this sounds sponsored, it's not. I wish it was. Like I really wish it was because then I could justify going back soon. Ha. I'm always curious about what people do with their kids plus it's been a bit quiet here on the blog so I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and share. So what made it so great?
First of all, it was a quick walk to the beach.  Anyone with kids knows they require a gazillion objects for the beach.  Well when you're close, you don't have to bring everything you own because you're not all "this was SO much effort, we're staying ALL day, I don't care who's sandy, tired, and hungry! It's only been 4 hours!" The only bummer is that renting beach chairs was $40/day. Um no.  But another great thing about kids?  You don't sit much.  So the beach blanket that I forgot was perfect.  
We didn't stay at the beach too long because the pull of the kids pool and splash pad was just too much.  
So about that splash pad.  I wish I'd gotten more photos but when you have three running in all different directions, it's tough to focus on taking pictures.  Just believe me when I say it was perfect.  Lots of shallow pools, little splash pad area for the baby, super fun water slide, fun tree house play ground, yummy food (I only wished I could have a cocktail but it wasn't that kind of vacation), and more. There was so much to do. In fact that's my only complaint.  It was a bit torturous to only stay two nights.  Seriously, we won't do that again!
I stole these photos from my MIL's facebook so excuse the quality but I had to share this. Because. this water slide though.  The kids literally spent hours on it and even got me on it a couple of times.  Considering I'm not a fun mom, I think that speaks volumes. 
And while they did that on day 2, Dax did this:
Cutest thing ever right?  

On day 2, we spent an hour or so on the beach and then a couple more hours at the woodsy pool kids area. My MIL also took the girls to an indoor spot where there were toys, books, dress up clothes, and more.  She said it looked like someone's huge play room.


I should also mention that the rooms are currently being remodeled.  I'm a sucker for fresh, pretty non-standard decor so to be in such a pretty space was icing on the cake.  

I really haven't even scratched the surface of this place.  There was so much more for the kids to if time had allowed.  There was also a lot for adults- beautiful pools, the beach, a spa, a fitness area, games, golf, etc. I suppose when I think of "resorts," I automatically think of those outside the US but to experience this 3 hours from home was mind blowing. There is also a hotel right next door; guests of the hotel can use the resort amenities so that's a great option if you're not crashing your in-laws vacation ;)  Speaking of the in-laws I'd be remiss if I didn't give them a shout out.  A lovely time made lovelier by getting to spend it with these two...
I'm pretty sure we'll be going back next year! I'm campaigning for an entire week this time ;) 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe